Core OC-192 IP Backbone
The core of the backbone network is a mesh of OC-192 circuits, connecting Peering POPs and Data Centers. The OC-192 IP backbone runs completely across its own Inter-city facilities. Using a mesh of physically diverse OC-192 circuits, this backbone interconnects five major independent data centers with multiple high-capacity peering interconnections. Additionally, offers Dedicated Internet Access (DIA), DSL and Dial customers enhanced Internet connectivity by connecting each DIA market to the OC-192 backbone with dual OC-12c SONET-protected circuits*. This network design delivers maximum end-to-end throughput as well as high levels of protection and redundancy.
The OC-192 backbone utilizes an advanced IP design, ensuring scalability as well as the ability to offer advanced future IP services plus the added benefit of no single IP point of failure past the customers' access port.
And since the OC-192 backbone and market connections run end-to-end across facilities, can quickly resolve any problems that may occur without any delays; this eliminates many of the common failure points found in older network designs.
As one of the few fully peered, facilities-based Tier 1 network backbone providers in the U.S., has substantial private peering arrangements in many metropolitan areas at speeds of up to OC-192. As a Tier 1 Internet provider, is constantly improving its peering infrastructure to benefit our customers.
Those advantages include:
- Multiple and geographically redundant dedicated connections to other Tier 1 Internet backbones. Dedicated and private connections mean traffic crosses the backbone and the peering partner's backbone only. Customers benefit because data packets to and from the peering networks reach their end destination quickly and with lower risk of loss.
- Peering relationships are monitored and maintained 24x7.
- Quality control of the network because we don't have to rely on other networks for Internet connectivity.
Connectivity from Internet Access POPs to the backbone
We currently offer Dedicated Internet Access connections via 36 Metro POPs in 31 markets and DSL connections in 45 markets. All DIA markets are connected to the closest OC-192 IP Core Node; dual uplinks are provided from each Metro market into the closest Inter-city core node at speeds from OC-3c (155 Mbps) to OC-48c (2.4 Gbps).
- National Tier 1 OC192 Network
- Class 5 & Class 4 switches
- Sonus soft switches
- Carrier class scalability and quality
- Broadsoft Broadworks feature servers
- Line Speed: Guaranteed 1.5 Mbps or 3.0 Mbps
- Customer Service: Fully trained staff 24x7
- SLA: Full SLA
- Network: 99.99% availability
- Latency: < 50 ms
- Packet Delivery: 99.9%
- Notification: Proactive notification in case of outage!
- IP Addressing: Unlimited static IP addresses